Friday, March 15, 2013

The Importance of Communication

This week in class we have been discussing the importance of communication not only in marriage but in relationships in general. I find it interesting how every week there is something in the lessons prepared by Brother Williams that seem to relate to my life. This week has been a learning experience for me, teaching me how to better communicate with those around me. The only thing, however, is it seems like sometimes communicating with the other person doesn't always seem to work. What do you do when you try talking to the other person, but they don't seem interested in talking to you? Do you continue to try, or do you just let it go? Communicating, yes, is an essential part of any relationship. It is necessary if one is to work through whatever issues may arise, but the key part of communication is BOTH parties have to be willing to do it. For me personally, I don't like talking about my problems. I tend to just bottle my emotions up inside of me, never to see the light of day. Throughout my life, as I've done this, I've learned this isn't healthy... well for me at least. Rather than just go away as is my hope, it eats at me until it does come out at which point it comes out in an explosion. I've really learned a lot about communication this week, and different ways people can communicate, different ways I can communicate with those I have a relationship with.

No comments:

Post a Comment