Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love is in the air....

In Marriage and Family this week, we have been talking about relationships and falling. It seems rather fitting to be discussing this topic considering tomorrow is Valentine's Day. So first of all...Happy Valentine's Day (well early Valentine's Day anyways). As I was doing the reading this week, I found the chapter of falling in love interesting. I think one of the things I read about that I thought was most interesting that men have a higher tendency to have the whole "love-at-first-sight" experience than women. I have always found the idea of falling in love with someone the moment you first see them, to be a female concept.

I also found it intriguing that there were so many different types of love. I always knew that there was the kind of love that a couple felt for one another, and I knew there was the kind of love that friends feel for each other or just people in general. However,  I didn't ever realize that there could be "sub-divisions" within the general categories of love. I had never looked at it that way before. There are some of the sub-sets of love that did make sense, but I found that others didn't as much. For example, it was said that one type of love is "playful love." This kind of love is referring to when it is treated lightly. People who are this way tend to have more sexual partners than people of other grouping. I personally never would have classified this kind of behavior as "love," because of my beliefs and what  I was taught love was.

It has definitely been interesting studying this side of dating and courtship. It has brought a lot of new ideas and perspectives to mind. If anything I think this particular topic has been one the most interesting subjects we've talked about in class. I have actually enjoyed studying the different levels of dating and love in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment